Use The New Forms
Search  

Automatic Lamp Posts

Dead posts archive

Automatic Lamp Posts

You can create lamp posts that automatically turn on when it gets dark, and turn off during the day. You can also redstone power them and trigger them whenever youd like! There are 6 types of lamps!

To create a lamp post follow the below instructions.

- Build one of 6 lamp patterns using a glowstone block as your bulb.

- Power the power block (The power block must be directly under/below the fence)
- Hit your glowstone bulb with a redstone torch and youll get a message saying the pole was created!

Now you can power and un power it to turn it on or off. During nights the lamps will light up, and during day they'll turn back off! To destroy a lamp post break the bulb.

Note: When testing we found it easiest to place a redstone torch directly under the fence and power it on, then hit the bulb with a second redstone torch.

:yellow: <---- Glow stone bulb
:wood: <---- Fence
:stone: <---- Ground
:red: <---- Power Block (Redstone torch powered on)
:stone: <---- Ground

NeoKyle21

Medals: 12
Minecraft: neokyle21

Re: Automatic Lamp Posts

Any tiny chance of this becoming something Builders make for people?

(I ask because everyone would want several of them, and it would be much more profitable and useful than anything else builders make, but as for popularity, and frequency on city streets and the like, I can certainly see reason for everyone getting access to them)

HawkDart

Minecraft: HawkDart

:D I recommended this plugin a while back! Glad to see it added.

texanfury

Minecraft: texanfury

Oh the possibilities....

PyroKnight

Minecraft: PyroKnight

Builders have by far the most perks. This can stay a free for all feature :)

So far these seem pretty popular, roughly 200 lamps made.

NeoKyle21

NEO wrote:Builders have by far the most perks. This can stay a free for all feature :)

So far these seem pretty popular, roughly 200 lamps made.

True, builders have really stepped up from past times. Still wish the Gate/Bridge/Door bug wasn't so persistent.

PyroKnight

Minecraft: PyroKnight

Is lamp installation working? We have working lamps in New Sanctum, but I can't get more to work.

I'm trying to do a ceiling lamp, and just can't get it to work. What I want is redstone torch, stone ceiling, fence post, glowstone, descending into the room.

No matter how I build them, what order I build the parts in, anything I can think of to tinker, I can't get them to activate when hit with a redstone torch.

Help? Tips?

HawkDart

Minecraft: HawkDart

HawkDart wrote:Is lamp installation working? We have working lamps in New Sanctum, but I can't get more to work.

I'm trying to do a ceiling lamp, and just can't get it to work. What I want is redstone torch, stone ceiling, fence post, glowstone, descending into the room.

No matter how I build them, what order I build the parts in, anything I can think of to tinker, I can't get them to activate when hit with a redstone torch.

Help? Tips?

Its all working correctly. I had this issue when i first tested out the plugin. Some designs arent very clear on the sheet and take some tinkering. I suggest asking someone who has built that design already. Explaining on the forums may be a little to hard for me :P

NeoKyle21

Return to Graveyard