TrainCarts Plugin (Linked Minecarts) Bukkit

Suggest new features or improvements and vote

TrainCarts Plugin (Linked Minecarts) Bukkit

This Plugin links mine carts together and more :D

Here the Plugin in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzvL35uJNU

Here a Rollercoaster using the plugin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZq6SBNOmU

Here is a list of features thats in the plugin.

Link minecarts using collision: no commands needed to make a train
Move trains as easily as you would with single Minecarts
Store trains to file for persistence during reloads and server restarts
Use sign-redstone circuits for subway systems, complete railroads and much more
Station to gracefully stop and launch trains
Spawn
Teleport
Property setters
Tag systems to switch certain tracks based on tags on the train
Destination systems to make your train travel to far-away lands all on it's own
Supports Minecart Mania's features
Infinite minecart speeds are possible
Push-away: Push mobs, players and items away from your trains to keep them running

To read more about this plugin see link

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/traincarts/

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-traincarts-v1-62-link-minecarts-of-different-types-together-to-form-trains-2126.29491/

rexrapter1234

Minecraft: rexrapter1234

Re: TrainCarts Plugin (Linked Minecarts) Bukkit

There some move information on the plugin

All the information below comes from http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Bukkit/TrainCarts/Signs

Train sign and redstone circuit

Action signs
A first glance at the sign format

You can use signs to perform special actions with trains. All these signs have [train] or [cart] on the first line and require redstone power to function. If you want to invert the redstone power, this way not requiring any external redstone power at all, you can put an exclamation mark in front of train or cart: [!train] [!cart].

When [train] is used, the sign targets the entire train above this sign. When [cart] is used, the sign targets only the cart that is currently above this sign.

Certain signs toggle a lever as well, you can use this output to change the outcome of other signs. For example, you can combine an unpowered track switcher with a destroy sign to remove carts or trains with certain characteristics.

Placement

Each sign targets a certain track piece above. Signs attached to walls take the block they are attached to and look up until they find a piece of track. That track is then used for that sign. Sign posts look up until they find a piece of track. There may not be blocks without signs between the bottom sign and the tracks.

You can make a pillar of blocks below a single track piece and attach signs to it, to make a bundle of actions on a single track piece. Trains look down when they enter a new track piece to check for signs, so make sure you put the output signs above the signs that use this output for correct results.

The train has to face the text on the sign to make the sign respond
Signs with the same alignment as the tracks (faces to or away from the tracks) always respond
The train is spawned in the direction the sign faces

Destructor

destroy trains

Destination

Destination signs map destinations under a name, which are used in the path finding logic. When a train tries to reach a certain destination and it has this name set, the plugin knows what tracks to switch. Other than a marker, it can also set a new destination on the train when clicked, powered by redstone or when a train enters the sign.

Trigger

The trigger sign is used for graphical uses only. It works with SignLink to show train information on signs. It can also show a countdown of the time remaining for the train to arrive at a station, and comes with an internal stopwatch to measure this duration.

Spawner

The train spawner sign allows you to spawn complete trains up to 30 carts long. Trains are spawned to the text-side of the sign on the rails above. When it receives power while it was unpowered before, it will trace down the tracks and spawn a train on it if there are no other trains occupying the rails.

Teleporter

The teleporter sign can teleport trains large distances and between worlds. It uses the MyWorlds portal as the sign, which has to be placed underneath the tracks like all other signs. It requires redstone power for it to teleport the train at all. All permissions of MyWorlds are taken into account and players that are not allowed to enter the world or portal will get ejected as the train vanishes. Trains are teleported into the direction the sign faces.

Crafter

The crafter sign is very similar to the transfer signs, but this time it interacts with a nearby workbench. You can define the items to craft on the sign, and the plugin will automatically find out the right recipe to craft that item using items inside the storage minecart. It can craft multiple items at a time.

Transfer

TrainCarts allows you to transfer items from carts to blocks and the other way around. For example, if you want to pick up items from a chest or want to put items back into a chest. This is called 'item transferring', it is done through a single sign.
It can target chests, furnaces and dispensers, also multiple at once. There are several syntax rules active for this sign.

Detector

Detector signs are very similar to switcher signs, only difference being that:
They do not switch the tracks
They detect multiple tracks
You can use detector signs to detect certain trains on a very long piece of track. You can use it, for example, to stop spawning trains if the track is currently in use. You can also use it to make trains take alternative routes if a certain track is in use.

Switcher

Switcher signs are the linking factor between trains and signs. It can read information from the train or cart above and toggle a lever and rails based on that. It also marks the toggleable nodes of the path finding logic.

Property

Property signs can perform the same tasks as you can do through commands, but then automated. They require redstone power to function and ignore cart ownership, so if you only want it to target trains you own, combine it with a switcher sign checking for owners.

Station
Stations are used to stop and launch trains, optionally using a set delay in seconds. It can use redstone to set the direction to launch to, but when both sides are powered it can perform an automated action.

Blocker

The blocker sign allows you to block trains coming from a certain direction. It is also used during path finding to block certain routes from being used. For example, if your trains are getting sent into the wrong direction, possibly colliding with other trains, you can use the blocker sign to prevent this.

The sign needs to be powered for it to function. It does not have to be powered for it to be used during path finding. It operates on both flat and ramped rails, so it allows you to stop a train while it slides down a ramp. Players can not push the train past the blocker sign, but they can push it the other way since that direction is not blocked.

Therefore blocker signs do not indefinitely freeze the train until power is removed, you can still push it in the other direction.

Ejector

The ejector sign can eject (let exit) passengers of minecarts. You can place it at a station to eject the entire train in one go, or do it for carts individually.

rexrapter1234

What I like about this plugin is that minecarts get linked together.

This plugin could be good to have as the server has a Subway and I seen two of the citys using rail tracks.

So what do you all think about this plugin?

rexrapter1234

I was looking at this a couple of days ago and I thought that this would be a good idea as the standard plugin for the subway system in the server. But I wanted to wait till after neo re made the subways to work in the server before posting this plugin as a add on. I can see this being used fairly well fo a city like neopolis and creation city but it would a hassel for smaller towns. If this were to be added maybe have it as a town rank 3 or 4 perk.

twilightking

Minecraft: twilightking

twilightking wrote:I was looking at this a couple of days ago and I thought that this would be a good idea as the standard plugin for the subway system in the server. But I wanted to wait till after neo re made the subways to work in the server before posting this plugin as a add on. I can see this being used fairly well fo a city like neopolis and creation city but it would a hassel for smaller towns. If this were to be added maybe have it as a town rank 3 or 4 perk.

Or it could be used as a builder's rank 4 perk

As they have this perk already, but its waiting to be upgraded.
Engineer 4 - (Currently Broken, Likely To Return) Creators can place blocks that allow minecarts to slow down or speed up. More info here

This could be a upgrade for that perk

rexrapter1234

rexrapter1234 wrote:
twilightking wrote:I was looking at this a couple of days ago and I thought that this would be a good idea as the standard plugin for the subway system in the server. But I wanted to wait till after neo re made the subways to work in the server before posting this plugin as a add on. I can see this being used fairly well fo a city like neopolis and creation city but it would a hassel for smaller towns. If this were to be added maybe have it as a town rank 3 or 4 perk.

Or it could be used as a builder's rank 4 perk

As they have this perk already, but its waiting to be upgraded.
Engineer 4 - (Currently Broken, Likely To Return) Creators can place blocks that allow minecarts to slow down or speed up. More info here

This could be a upgrade for that perk

Huh... didn't think of that

twilightking

Minecraft: twilightking

Here is some videos on the Train sign and red stone circuits

TrainCarts Signs Introduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUiLJ5f2h8

TrainCarts Blocker sign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ERZDwJnZk

Sorting using switcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KCfenk3Vi8