[Idea] New Perk for Level 2 constructor repair.

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by XperiaLp, May 21, 2011.

1. XperiaLp

XperiaLp Well-Known Member

Well, Us builders do not have a lot of ways of getting paid..So.
    I have this idea on repairing.
    I PRESENT... THE REPAIR CUBE
    Are you tired of people stopping you in the middle of doing something and asking for a repair?
    Well My idea solves that problem.

INFO
    1.Once this command is clicked it will prompt you to hit the appropriate cube (works like a traffic cube). If you click a block of the wrong material, you'll get an error. A builders iconomy account will automatically be debited by the server by an amount chosen by the admins (probably 2k-8k depending on material and for balance).

2.Using these arguments it also allows "blacksmith shops" to be created. A builder can make a normal building and place a few repair cubes of each material around (this can also be done in a traders shop if an agreement is made).

3.Any user can come up and click the cube with their tool or armor. They will be charged the amount decided by the builder, and this money will be sent to the builders account (all automatically, even if offline).

4.Each cube can only be used a set number of times. For balance reasons, once all used up, the block will be consumed and automatically destroyed.

5.Builders can only have a set-limit of cubes linked to their accounts. If a builder decides a cube he owns is underused, he can deactivate the cube with a command "/rcube remove" To prevent a builder from deactivating the block when the use number is low, the block will be destroy itself during deactivation to prevent this exploit and also encourage builders to use their blocks responsibly. Builders can only deactivate cubes they own.

6.Repair cubes can be installed in the mines/shops/homes of other players for an install fee and price per repair that both agree is fair.

7.If the Builder has the supply the block it is 60+ on each block.
    8.If the person who wants the RC(Repair cube) supplies the block, its normal price for activation.
    9.The Repair cube repairs the block on hand.(look below if you don't understand)

(Read repair Cubes)Example: The Iron Repair Cube will repair the IRON tool you have in your hand. With a small fee

But only Constructors can "Activate" the block so that it repairs and also has limited uses.

Repair Cubes

GOLD BLOCK: Repairs all Golden tools/armor
    Price:2k CN for activation
    Repairs before deactivation:100

IRON BLOCK: Repairs all iron tools/armor Price:5k CN for activation.
    Repairs before deactivation:120

DIAMOND BLOCK: Repairs all Diamond Tools/armor
    Price: 8k Cn For activation.
    Repairs before deactivation:140

TOOL/ARMOR INFO

The cube will charge a different price depending on the number of materials that normally make up the item. Price should be cheaper than what the material of that item normally sells for (example diamond costs 100cn, builder sets price at or under that, so for example 90cn).
    • Shovel (half-price set)
    • Sword/hoe (full price)
    • Axe/pickaxe (double price)
    • Boots (triple price)
    • Helmet (four-times price)
    • Legs (six times price)
    • chest (seven times price)
    SO..
    Repairing a diamond pickaxe for the price set would cost 180cn, which is less than the cost of buying a new one.
    GOLD TOOLS/ARMOR
    Shovel:7
    Axe:42
    Pickaxe:42
    Sword:28
    Hoe: 28
    Helmet:56
    Chest Plate:98
    Pants:84
    Boots:42

IRON TOOLS/ARMOR
    Shovel: 12
    Axe:72
    Pickaxe:72
    Sword:48
    Hoe:48
    Helmet:96
    Chest Plate:168
    Pants:144
    Boots:72

DIAMOND TOOLS/ARMOR
    Shovel:25
    Axe:150
    Pickaxe:150
    Sword:100
    Hoe: 100
    Helmet:360
    Chest Plate:630
    Pants:540
    Boots:270

COMMANDSThanks Roadkill
    Code:
    /rcube create <material> <cubename> <cube builder/owner> <price per repair>

/*
    *    material, self explanatory.
    *    cubename, name it for the server to register it.
    *    The owner, links cube to owner's iconomy account.  The owner would probably be the builder, but someone else could own it and get the revenue, and the builder could charge a flat install fee.
    *     price per repair could be set.  An if statement would be somewhere in the code that differentiates between tools.  Price should be cheaper than what the material of that item normally sells for (example diamond costs 100cn, builder sets price under that, see more below). These values would be rounded up to the nearest CN.  
    */

2. Steeps5

Steeps5 Well-Known Member

Re: (IDEA)New way or repair/get builders money

I'm in of course.

3. Nopeyourdead

Nopeyourdead Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea i would surely buy one.

4. texanfury

texanfury Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a great idea. It would make it to where a builder would not have to be on, or stop what he/she is doing to go repair tools, and also a great way of making money because I'm sure that every miner would want one.
    My only suggestion is that they would still have to have 1 of the material needed for the repair, so that the economy is not driven into the ground, especially for gold and diamond.
    Great idea though!

5. XperiaLp

Good idea for the "still have to have 1 of the material needed for the repair" Part

6. minecraft124_

minecraft124_ Community Manager Developer

good idea, i'm in!

7. mecca9898

mecca9898 New Member

I agree it would only be fair so the builders have a way to make money.

8. XperiaLp

Thanks for all the feedback guys, all appreciated,
    REMEMBER TO VOTE

9. texanfury

Why are people voting against this? As it looks now, we won't be seeing this, cause the margin is to close.

10. XperiaLp

I wish the people who voted against it would comment on this thread

11. BaldTurtle

BaldTurtle Well-Known Member

probably dont' understand it well its hard thing to wrap your head around. also i'm too lazy to do the math about how much would it cost per each repair? o.o

12. XperiaLp

Changed some prices around

13. Steeps5

I think that each time someone clicks it should repair the tool they are holding, I feel that would make it more efficient than repairing every tool they have of that material.

14. XperiaLp

I thought I said that, hm, Well thats what I meant. I'll change it.

15. theace511

theace511 Well-Known Member

I haven't voted yet because I'm still confused... After the activation fee, Do the people who press the cube still have to pay per repair?
    Because 1,500 CN for 400 diamond repairs is very cheap, because if you bring the one diamond(to most people, anyways) it still costs 100 CN for a repair, that's 40,000 CN to repair 400 diamond tools, but then people are only paying 1,500 CN for the same ammount of repairs.
    Which means that builders would be better off making repairs online instead of the cubes, because then they're making 38,500 more CN then making a cube for someone.

16. texanfury

I charge 50cn per repair, and I've only made about 400 CN off repairs. This is a much better way. But I say reduce the amount of repairs.

17. Steeps5

I think the activation cost should be the number of repairs times the value of each repair. As in: 25 for stone, 50 for iron, 75 for gold, and 100 for diamond. I also think they should all be 400 or 500 repairs. So the activation costs would be 10k for stone. 20k for iron. 30k for gold. 40k for diamond.

Well... to have more reasonable costs, the number of repairs could be reduced to 100 per block. Prices would be 2.5k, 5k, 7.5k, and 10k.

18. texanfury

I like steeps idea.

19. firetire

firetire Administrator

I would recommend making gold repairs cheaper because atm i can buy gold for 15 per ingot and so each repair would have to cost <45 with the cost of materials to make it worth it. I also have 1 question about this idea. will the materials be automatically subtracted from my inventory in addition to the cost if i click on it?

20. texanfury

Yes. The idea is to make it take 1 material for what ever you are repairing, that way the economy doesn't become inflated.